Need help in installing a SIM card, replacing or updating the SIM card on your Apple iPad Mini 4 with a new one? This content will help you do so.
Apple's latest tablet the iPad Mini 4 uses a nano GBA SIM card type.
Here's how to install and replace the SIM card on your new iPad:
1. Locate the SIM tray on the right side of your iPad.
2. Get the SIM eject tool or paperclip then firmly press and push it straight into the SIM tray until the tray pops out.
3. Remove the ejector tool from the tray.
4. Pull the SIM tray out.
5. Remove the SIM tray.
6. Remove the old SIM card, if necessary and then place the new SIM card in the tray.
7. Make sure the SIM card is properly placed. The angled corner of the SIM ensures that the card fits correctly in the tray.
8. Now slide the SIM tray all the way in, carefully.
Once the SIM card has been inserted, turn on your iPad and see if the new SIM card works.
Updating your SIM card
There are different instances when you may need to update your SIM card. For example, you have procured a new iDevice that uses a different type of SIM card. You would also need to update or change SIM card if you replace a lost or damaged one or just got a new SIM card to unlock new features on your iPhone or iPad.
Here's how to update SIM card for your new iPad mini:
1. Create a backup of your contacts saved to the SIM card (if applicable). You can backup contacts through Gmail, iCloud, SD card or other available options you would prefer.
2. Check and ensure the type of SIM card is compatible with your device.
3. Contact your carrier to proceed with and complete the entire SIM card update process.