This is a quick guide on how to transfer or import contacts stored in your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus into your Gmail account. This is one way of creating backups of your contacts information for easier retrieval whenever you need it.
You will need a computer in this process as you will be signing in to your Gmail account via webmail.
So let's get started.
1. Open a web browser on your computer.
2. Go to gmail.com or enter www.gmail.com in the address bar.
3. If prompted with the sign in entry fields, enter your email address for the Gmail account you want to access and then click Next.
4. Enter the correct Password and then click Sign in to proceed.
5. Click on the label Gmail located on the upper-left side of the screen.
6. Click Contacts to continue.
7. On the Contacts screen, scroll down and click More.
Note: If the new tab or window is not displayed, check and verify the Block pop-ups setting and make sure it is disabled to allow pop-ups to show up.
8. Next, scroll down to and click Import.
9. You will see another pop-up to Import contacts from other accounts. Click Browse from the given options and then browse to the preferred folder or location.
10. Review the prompt information and then click Go to Old Contacts.
11. Click More on the Contacts screen to view additional options.
12. Click Import from the given options.
13. From the Import contacts prompt, click Browse and then browse or specify the preferred folder or location.
14. Click the preferred vCard file, and then click Open to continue.
15. Review the Import Contacts information especially the specified location or folder wherein the imported contacts are to be saved, and then click Import to initiate contact import process.
Once the process is complete, you will see the contacts from your device are now imported or transferred to your Gmail account. You can access these contacts details from your iPhone after the Google Synchronization Setup process is complete.