Steps to transfer iTunes backup to a new iPhone 7/iPhone 7 PlusYou will need a Windows or Mac computer with the latest version of iTunes program installed in order to complete this process.
1. Turn on your new device.
2. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the initial setup.
3. When you get to the Set Up iPhone or Apps & Data screen, tap to select Restore from iTunes Backup.
4. Now, connect your new iPhone to the computer using the Apple-supplied USB cable.
5. Once your iPhone is recognized by the computer, open iTunes.
6. From the iTunes screen, you will be prompted to restore from backup or set up as new. Select the first restore from backup option and then pick the backup you prefer.
7. Make sure that iTunes is showing you the latest backup of your prior iPhone device, and then click on Continue.
8. Wait for iTunes to complete the backup restore process. It could take longer depending on the size of the backup file as well as your Internet speed.
9. Your iPhone will restart once the restore process is complete. After that, it should be ready for use.
Please note that iTunes may not be able to transfer some files contained in the backup such as music, apps, videos, and some apps. In this case, you will need to sync your new iPhone to iTunes so as to sync to these other contents.
To view or change which contents are synced, click their respective Sync tabs in iTunes.
Steps to transfer iCloud backup to your new iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
If iTunes is not your choice, then you can consider using iCloud as an alternative method. Follow these steps:
1. Turn on your new iPhone and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the initial setup.
2. If prompted, select your Wi-Fi network to connect to.
3. When you get to the Set Up iPhone or Apps & Data screen, tap the option to Restore from iCloud Backup.
4. Enter your Apple ID and password, and then tap Next.
5. If prompted to agree to the terms and conditions, tap on Agree to continue.
6. A list of backups will then be displayed. Select the latest backup you prefer and then tap Restore.
7. Wait until your device completes the backup restore.
8. Your iPhone should restart once the restore process is complete. By then it should be ready for use. Your iPhone will continue to re-download or restore all your apps in the background for as long as it's connected to the Internet.
Please note that passwords will not be restored to a new device for security reasons. Also, you may need to re-enter your accounts credentials such as Apple ID password, voicemail, email, and other accounts.